Kids 4 Fun
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeWelcomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Smoking ban 'did not lead to rise in home exposure' 6k7umvl

Smoking ban 'did not lead to rise in home exposure'

Go down 
AuthorMessage
dress less man
Admin
Admin
dress less man

Smoking ban 'did not lead to rise in home exposure' Empty
PostSubject: Smoking ban 'did not lead to rise in home exposure'   Smoking ban 'did not lead to rise in home exposure' I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 10:52 am

Smoking ban 'did not lead to rise in home exposure' _46235047_005934891-1

naires.

The researchers found that there was no significant change in the children's exposure to second-hand smoke.

They said it was good news that parents were not smoking more at home, although they acknowledged it could be interpreted as disappointing that it did not lead to a drop in exposure.

Part of the thinking behind the legislation was that it would encourage more people to quit as well as raising awareness about passive smoking.

'More evidence'

Lead researcher Professor Laurence Moore said: "We could have hoped for a fall, and I think what policy-makers now need to do is look at ways of preventing people from taking up smoking in the first place as a way of reducing smoking levels."

There has been little change in smoking rates for the past 15 years with between a fifth and quarter of adults continuing to smoke.

Martin Dockrell, of anti-smoking group Ash, said it was pleasing to see that the critics had been proved wrong.

And a spokeswoman for the Department of Health agreed.

But she added that the government wanted to see less parents smoking at home.

"Exposure to second-hand smoke is harmful, especially to young people. For this reason, we encourage all smokers to make their homes and cars smoke-free, especially if children are present."

But Simon Clark of Forest said: "I want to see more evidence before I am convinced."

Smoking ban 'did not lead to rise in home exposure' 20qdrhean5
Back to top Go down
https://frends4ever.forumotion.com

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kids 4 Fun :: Community Discussion :: Health & Education-
Jump to: